Makes about 30 crackers
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 package butter crackers (like Townhouse or Club crackers, either rectangular or oval in shape)
- 8-10 slices of bacon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- Heat the oven to 350°F/175°C.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Align crackers on a wire rack set into a lined baking sheet. (Leave a little space in between the crackers for the bacon, as it will hang over the edges of the crackers.)
- Slice the bacon into thirds or fourths (depending on the length and shape of your crackers). Place a piece of cut bacon lengthwise on each cracker.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of brown sugar on top of the bacon-topped crackers (about 1 heaping teaspoon per cracker). Then lightly sprinkle with cayenne and black pepper.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until brown sugar begins to melt and bacon becomes crisp. Allow crackers to cool on wire rack before eating.