- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1 pound scallops
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Warm a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bacon and cook about 6-8 minutes, or until brown and crispy. Drain excess fat, but reserve 1 tablespoon in the skillet. Transfer the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Remove the small side muscle from the scallops, rinse with cold water and thoroughly pat dry. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Working in batches, add scallops to the skillet in a single layer and cook, flipping once, until golden brown and translucent in the center–about 5 minutes per side. Set aside and keep warm.
- Melt butter in the skillet. Add in garlic, oregano, basil and red pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in bacon and scallops.
- Garnish with parsley, and serve immediately.