- 2-3 lbs chicken tenders
- 1 package bacon
- 2 tsps garlic powder
- salt & pepper
- 12-24 wooden skewers
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup mustard
- 1/2 tbls poppy seeds
- opt toothpicks
- ****Note: You need one skewer and one piece of bacon for each chicken tender, so count your tenders and adjust your bacon/skewers accordingly.****
- Soak wooden skewers in a pan of water for 1-2 hours.
- Prepare charcoal grill for direct cooking or preheat gas grill while assembling skewers. Layout chicken tenders on a cutting board or pan and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder on both sides. Gently insert skewer most of the way through the chicken, then starting at the top, wrap bacon around chicken to cover most of the way. Use toothpicks if need to secure each end of the bacon.
- Cook over medium high heat for about 4 minutes and then flip. Cook for an additional 4 minutes. Flip one last time and cook for 4 more minutes. Chicken is done when juices run clear and bacon looks crispy.
- Make sure to remove any toothpicks before eating.
- To prepare Honey Mustard Sauce:
- Combine honey and mustard equally in a small bowl. Taste that it’s perfectly combined and then stir in poppy seeds.