- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- ¼ cup greek yogurt (sour cream or buttermilk may be substituted)
- 3 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted (may substitute margarine)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup prepared chocolate cake frosting
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Combine.
- Add egg, yogurt, milk, butter and vanilla stir until just combined. Over-stirring will make the donut tough.
- Place batter in a zip-top bag. I find the easiest way, unless you have someone to help, is to put the bag in a large glass. This leaves your hands free to get all the mixture into the bag.
- Squeeze the air out of the bag and snip the corner.
- Pipe the batter evenly into the donut pan. If your pan isn’t a non-stick, you’ll need to spray it with no-stick spray first.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on a baking rack while you prepare the frosting.
- Microwave frosting at 30 second intervals until smooth.
- Immediately dip donut in frosting, allow to cool and set. Enjoy!