Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 50 Minutes
- 1 box of yellow cake mix
- 4-6 ripe bananas, sliced ¼-inch-thick
- 1½ cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup butter
- Preheat oven to 350℉ / 175℃. Spray two 8-inch round cake pans with cooking spray. Prepare cake mix per package instructions. Set aside.
- Evenly place banana slices on the bottom of each cake pan.
- Combine brown sugar and butter in a small saucepan over medium heat and stir until dissolved. Divide brown sugar sauce between the two pans, pouring evenly over the banana slices.
- Sprinkle half the coconut over the sugar mixture in each pan.
- Divide prepared cake batter between the two pans. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate.