Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Total Time: 1 Hour
- 2½ – 3 pounds of spaghetti squash (about 1 large or 2 medium squash)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch of broccolini, chopped
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 – 4 tablespoons water
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese – divided
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese – divided
- Preheat the oven to 350°F / 175°C.
- Pierce the spaghetti squash all over with a fork, then place on a sheet pan and bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until the flesh is tender.
- While the spaghetti squash is cooking, heat the oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the broccolini, chili flakes, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add water and cook until the vegetables are tender. Transfer to a large bowl.
- When the spaghetti squash comes out of the oven, allow it to cool slightly, then cut it in half lengthwise.
- Scoop the seeds out and use a fork to scrape the threads of the squash into the bowl with the broccolini mixture.
- Place the squash shells cut-side-up on a baking dish.
- Gently mix the squash with the broccolini mixture.
- Stir in ¼ cup of the Parmesan cheese and ¾ cup of the mozzarella cheese.
- Evenly divide the vegetable mixture between the two squash shells.
- Top with the remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Adjust the oven temperature to broil, and broil the squash until the cheese has melted and started to brown. Serve warm.