- 16 ounces Radiatori Pasta (or any type of mall swirl pasta)
- 1 pound Colby Jack cheese, grated
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons Pike’s Peak Butchers Rub* (or your favorite blend of spices)
- 1 (12 oz) bag frozen broccoli pieces
- 1 (10 oz) bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 Andouille sausages, about 15 oz
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast
- Salt (for pasta water)
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add pasta. Cook pasta for about 12 minutes or until done. Drain and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, dice the chicken into bite size pieces and add it to a large skillet. Cook over medium heat until done. Chicken should be white when completely cooked.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- Slice the Andouille sausages in to semi thin disks and add them to the skillet. Cook for 1-2 minutes, tossing occasionally, until sightly browned.
- Add in the seasoning, frozen mixed vegetables and frozen broccoli pieces. Place lid on the skillet and cook for about 15 minutes on medium-high heat, stirring occasional, until vegetables are hot.
- In the empty pot you used for the pasta, melt 4 tablespoons of butter. Add in the flour and cook over medium heat while whisking until the mixture is light brown.
- Add in the heavy cream and whisk until smooth. Add in the milk and whisk. Let the milk heat and right before it starts simmer, add in the cheese and whisk until the cheesy is melted.
- Whisk in 1 teaspoon dry mustard.
- Pour the cheesy sauce into the skillet with the vegetables, add in the chicken and stir until the cheese covers everything.
- Serve hot/warm.
- If you need to reheat this later, add a splash of milk before reheating.
- Pike’s Peak Butchers Rub is a mix of black pepper, sea salt, white pepper, red bell pepper, garlic, minced green onion and parsley.
This photo is copyright protected