Preparation time: 5 minutes
Inactive time: 2 hours (refrigeration)
- 4 Tsp White Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 1/4 Tsp dry mustard
- 1/4 Tsp salt
- 1 Cup mayonnaise
- 2 bags (10 oz. bags) fine shredded cabbage, chopped to one-eighth inch
1/4 Cup finely chopped carrots
- Whisk vinegar, sugar, mustard and salt together until sugar is dissolved.
- Add mayonnaise and whisk to mix.
- Add cabbage and carrots. Mix to combine.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours and serve.
- For additional seasoning, crunch or sweetness, you can also add some celery seeds, finely chopped onion, bell pepper, raisins, pineapple, apple, or nuts.
- I omitted the salt, which I found made it taste better. To each their own!