Makes 6 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Alfredo Sauce Ingredients
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 1¾ cups chicken broth
- 1¾ cups milk (low-fat is OK)
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt, more or less to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
Chicken Alfredo Baked Ziti Ingredients
- 12 oz dried ziti pasta
- 2 cups broccoli florets, frozen or fresh
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken (about 2 small chicken breasts)
- 1½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 batch alfredo sauce (see recipe above)
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, optional for garnish
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, optional for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Prepare the alfredo sauce: heat olive oil or butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté for one minute, stirring occasionally, until fragrant.
- Sprinkle with flour, and stir to combine. Sauté for an additional minute to cook the flour, stirring occasionally.
- Slowly add chicken the broth, whisking to combine until smooth.
- Whisk in milk, and bring the mixture to a simmer. Let cook for an additional minute until thickened.
- Add Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper, and stir until cheese melts. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Cook the pasta until it’s al dente, according to package instructions. Drain the pasta and add it to the pan with the alfredo sauce.
- Add the chicken and broccoli florets. Toss until everything is evenly coated.
- Pour half of the pasta mixture into a greased 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle half of the shredded mozzarella cheese evenly over the pasta layer. Next, layer the remaining half of the pasta mixture and sprinkle the remaining shredded mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and just barely starts to turn golden. Remove and serve immediately, sprinkled with optional garnishes if desired.
- You can also use penne paste, or any pasta shape that will hold sauce well.
- Save time with a store-bought alfredo sauce (no promises that it will be as yummy as ours!)