“This one-skillet main dish is fast and easy–Mexican rice with onions, ham, chiles, and tomatoes is cooked with eggs and cheese for a hearty, all-in-one meal.”
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1 (5.4 ounce) package Knorr(R) Fiesta Sides(TM) – Mexican Rice
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup diced ham
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a 12-inch non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Remove onions from skillet and set aside. Add Knorr(R) Fiesta Sides(TM) – Mexican Rice to skillet and cook according to package directions.
- Whisk eggs and cream together in a large bowl until well combined and frothy.
- Add onions, ham, green chiles and tomatoes to rice in pan; stir well to combine. Slowly pour in egg mixture; stir gently. Reduce heat to low and cover.
- Push mixture from the sides to the center with a spatula, allowing uncooked eggs from top of egg skillet to seep down to the bottom, then re-cover. Do this several times, every few minutes, until eggs are just about set.
- Stir in 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese; add remaining cheese to top of egg skillet. Cover and allow cheese to melt. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.