- 3 tubes Pillsbury French bread
- Egg wash
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Roll out one of the dough tubes into a rectangle on the parchment paper.
- Use the remaining two tubes of bread dough to form an almond-shaped “football” atop the rectangular dough, using each tube to form a side. Pinch the tubes together and adjust the shape until you are satisfied with your football.
- Using a knife or a dough cutter, trim the excess dough from the bottom rectangle, so that it aligns with the football-shaped dough. Cut these trimmings into thin strips, and lay these dough strips on the edges of the football to form stripes.
- Brush the dough with the egg wash.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until it is just beginning to brown, then remove from the oven.
- Prepare the spinach dip, and pour into the football bread bowl. Lay any extra dough strips across the dip to form the rest of the football’s stripes.
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes, until the bread bowl is golden brown and the spinach dip is cooked-through.
- If you like, use a stencil to top the finished Football Bread Dip Bowl with the number of your favorite player in Parmesan cheese.
So cool, right?! And so much easier than anybody’s going to think. Just imagine how impressed all your guests at your Super Bowl part will be, and let this Football Bread Bowl be the pre-game and halftime superstar.
Want the recipe for the spinach dip used in this recipe, or just want to see the forming of the football bowl in action? Watch Little Things’ video below! You can also check out the spinach dip recipe we used in our Artichoke Dip Stuffed Mushrooms.
What other dips would you make in this Football Bread Bowl? Do you think you’ll give it a try? What do you think of this easy method? Let us know what you think and if you give it a try!