Makes 10 servings
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, divided
- 4 green onions
- 1 avocado, halved and pitted, peel on
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 12 oz)
- 1 package (0.85 oz) Old El Paso™ chicken taco seasoning mix
- 1 can (16 oz) Old El Paso™ refried beans
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese (4 oz)
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe black olives
- Heat the grill pan to medium heat.
- Lightly brush ½ teaspoon oil on the green onions. Place the green onions on the grill pan and cook them for 1 to 2 minutes or until light grill marks appear. Chop the grilled onions and set aside.
- Lightly brush ½ teaspoon oil on the cut sides of the avocado. Place the avocados, cut sides down, on the grill pan over medium heat. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until the cut side is charred. Cool slightly, then peel and dice.
- Add the remaining 2 teaspoons oil and the chicken breasts to a medium bowl. Add 1 tablespoon of the taco seasoning mix and toss the chicken to evenly coat.
- Place the chicken on the grill pan over medium heat. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes, turning once, until the juice of the chicken is clear when the center of the thickest part is cut (it should be cooked to at least 165°F). Let the chicken stand for 5 minutes, then dice it.
- In a small bowl, mix the refried beans, the remaining taco seasoning mix and the chopped green chiles. Spread the seasoned beans on a platter.
- Carefully spread sour cream on top, leaving a little border of beans. Top with layers of cheese, diced chicken, tomato, avocado, green onions and olives.