Grilled Huli Huli Chicken is a five star recipe! The marinade is quick and easy and full of such amazing flavor! You will make this again and again!
- 4 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, chicken breasts also work
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger root, grated
- 1½ teaspoons minced garlic
- green onions, sliced for garnish
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together pineapple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, ketchup, chicken broth, ginger and garlic. Reserve 1 cup sauce for basting. Add the chicken thighs and sauce to a ziplock bag and marinate at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Baste occasionally with reserved marinade during the last 5 minutes. Garnish with green onions if desired