Makes 6 servings
Prep Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- About 2 lbs of top sirloin steak, sirloin tip steak, or hanger steak
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon crushed chili flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1½ teaspoons minced fresh rosemary (about 1 large sprig)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- Salt, to taste (optional)
- Cut the steak into 1-inch cubes and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the balsamic vinegar, honey, vegetable oil, soy sauce, chili flakes, minced garlic, black pepper, and minced rosemary. Whisk to combine.
- Place the cubes of steak into a large zip-top plastic bag. Pour in marinade, close up the top of the bag, and allow the steak to marinate for 1 to 4 hours.
- Remove the steak from the marinade and allow it to drain well.
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Add the remaining oil and cook the steak until it’s done to your liking.
- If desired, skewer marinated steak bites with small skewers.
- Season with salt to your taste.
- Because of the sugars from the honey in the marinade, the steak may brown faster than you’re used to. Make sure to keep a close eye on it so that it does not burn.
- If the steak is browned before the inside is cooked to your liking, you can finish cooking the steak on a lined baking sheet in a 350°F/176°C oven.