Cook time: 40 minutes
Servings: 12, large portions
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 8 ounce tub sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 Cup vegetable oil
- 1 Cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbs ground cinnamon
- 2 Cup powdered sugar
- 4 Tbs milk
- 1 Tbs vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325F. Prepare 9×13 pan.
- In large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, oil, and sour cream. Stir by hand until large lumps are gone (some lumps okay). Pour half the batter into the pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon and mix really well. Sprinkle the brown sugar mixture all over the batter in the cake pan. Be sure to get that cinnamon mixture all the way to the edge of the pan.
- Carefully spread the remaining half of the batter on top (it will all mix together on its own, not to worry). Once the remaining batter is spread all around, take a butter knife and twirl it all through the batter to create swirl patterns.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Right when it’s about done baking, mix together your powdered sugar, vanilla and milk. Use a fork to get the little clumps broken up.
- Remove the cake from the oven and immediately pour the powdered sugar mixture over it. Wait for the wonderful crackle to appear.
- Allow the cake to sit for 15 minutes before slicing into it. Enjoy!
- If using a bundt pan, grease the pan liberally and then dust with a little flour or cake mix before using.
- If you don’t like too much vanilla flavoring, simply use a little less.