- 2 CUPS Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Corn meal
- 1 Tbsp Flour
- 5 Eggs
- Pinch of salt
- 1 CUP Pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1 CUP Drained crushed pineapple
- 1 CUP Flaked coconut
- 1 Stick butter, melted
- 1 Unbaked pie shell
- Beat the sugar, corn meal, flour, eggs and salt together. Gently stir in the pecans, pineapple and coconut (don’t beat it). Stir in the melted butter and mix well.
- Bake at 300°F in an unbaked pie shell approximately 50 to 60 minutes.
- After baking for 50-60 minutes, cover the crust edge with some aluminum foil to keep it from burning. Cook 15 to 30 more minutes, or until the pie is set.
- For the topping I did whipped topping and mixed in a little almond extract. Then sprinkled on toasted coconut.