Makes 8 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 pound bacon, chopped
- 1 (8 oz) can of crescent roll dough
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- salt, to taste (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with a non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large pan over medium heat, cook the bacon halfway (about 5-7 minutes), stirring occasionally. Transfer the partially cooked bacon to a plate lined with paper towels to drain.
- Roll out the crescent roll dough onto the parchment paper. Pinch the seams of the dough closed to make a single sheet of dough. Use a fork to poke holes all over the dough.
- Drizzle half of the maple syrup over the crescent roll dough and spread it out to cover the entire surface.
- Top the maple syrup with brown sugar in a single layer covering the entire surface of the dough.
- Spread the par cooked bacon evenly over the brown sugar.
- Drizzle the remaining maple syrup over the top of the bacon.
- Bake for 20-28 minutes or until nicely browned and bubbling.
- Let cool completely before slicing and serving.