- 8-10 ears fresh corn on the cob, or 5 cups canned corn, drained
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup half and half
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- Few grinds fresh nutmeg
- ¾ cup crushed oyster crackers, divided (crush the crackers, then measure). Also see note above
- 3 tablespoons melted butter, divided
- ½ cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut corn from cob if using fresh corn and scrape right down to the cob saving the liquid that scrapes off with the corn kernels. You should have about 5 cups. Set aside. (Alternately, drain 5 cups of canned corn.)
- Butter a 9” round or square 9 X 2 ½“ deep casserole dish.
- In a large bowl beat eggs, cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Add corn, ½ cup of the cracker crumbs and 2 tablespoons of the melted butter.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle all of the cheese over the top.
- Mix the remaining cracker crumbs with the remaining butter and sprinkle over the top.
- Dust with a little paprika.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. The edges will be crispy and the center a bit loose.
- Serve immediately.
This photo is copyright protected