Makes 24 bars
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 3 hours 15 minutes
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup honey
- 1-¼ cups dark chocolate chips
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- Line a 8-inch-by-8-inch baking dish with parchment paper, and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the peanut butter, coconut oil, and honey. Heat the mixture over medium-low heat until melted.
- Add the dark chocolate chips to the peanut butter mixture, and stir until melted.
- Add the rolled oats, the 1 cup of shredded coconut, the chopped pecans and the vanilla extract. Stir until fully mixed.
- Pour the mixture into the lined baking dish. Sprinkle with the ¼ cup of toasted coconut.
- Refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours, until firm.
- Cut into 2-inch bars. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.