Makes one 9-inch springform pan.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 3 hours
- 1½ c chocolate cookie crumbs (Oreos or other sandwich cookies work well, about 24 cookies)
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 12 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup powdered sugar</li>
- ½ cup cream, room temperature
- 10 peanut butter cups (chopped)
- 30 mini peanut butter cups (cut into quarters)
- chocolate ganache: ½ cup dark or milk chocolate chips and ¼ cup cream
- Remove the filling from your Oreos or sandwich cookies, if using, and discard or eat filling (takes about 24 cookies). Use a food processor to grind the cookies into a fine crumb. Place cookie crumbs in a large mixing bowl and pour over the melted butter. Stir to combine until all of the crumbs are moistened with butter.
- Press crumb mixture into a 9-inch springform pan and set aside.
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, whip cream cheese on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Add peanut butter and continue to beat until well-mixed and fluffy.
- Add the cream, increase mixing speed to medium-high, and whip for 2-3 minutes to add air into the batter.
- Add the powdered sugar and mix until combined.
- Chop peanut butter cups into small pieces and drop into batter. Stir to combine. Spread filling into prepared crust.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least two hours or until set.
- Cut mini peanut butter cups into quarters and spread over the top of the chilled cheesecake.
- To make the ganache, place the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Melt the chocolate for 30 second intervals, stirring in between each interval to prevent chocolate from burning, until chocolate is completely melted. Add room temperature cream and mix until ganache is smooth and shiny. Allow ganache to cool a few minutes and thicken before drizzling on top of the cheesecake.
- Drizzle the ganache over the mini peanut butter cups and sides of the cheesecake. Allow topping to firm in the fridge until set before cutting into the cheesecake (about 30 minutes).
- Serve chilled.