For the cake
- 1 box white cake mix
- 4 egg whites
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons water
- 1 (3.4 oz) package instant pistachio pudding
- 2.25 oz package of chopped pecans
For the frosting
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/3 cup water
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the cake mix, egg whites, oil, water, and pistachio pudding. Use an electric mixer to beat on medium until fully combined.
- Pour into the prepared pan and sprinkle the chopped pecans evenly on top.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking, make the frosting.
- In a medium bowl, add the powdered sugar, vanilla, melted butter, and water. Whisk together until smooth.
- Once cake is cooled, poke holes into the top (I used a candy stick) and pour frosting over the top letting it run through and sink in.
- Slice and serve.