Why you should soak almonds
- It betters the health of the heart-the potassium, protein, and mono-unsaturated fats are great for the heart. Vitamin E is known to lower the chance of heart diseases whereas magnesium prevents heart attacks. Almonds can also decrease arterial inflammation.
- Increases the energy– eating a handful of pre-soaked almonds daily is an excellent way to increase your energy and metabolic rate due to the presence of copper, riboflavin, and manganese in almonds.
- Reduces stress-since almonds are rich in vitamin E and calcium, they are a great food to consume if you want to reduce the levels of bad cholesterol.
- Brain food-almonds have nutrients that improve the health of the brain, that is, riboflavin and L-carnitine. They increase the brain activity and thus, lower the risk of Alzheimer’s.
- Improves the health of the bones-the phosphorus in almonds can prevent osteoporosis and strengthen the teeth and bones.
- Regulates the blood pressure– the low amount of sodium and the richness in potassium controls a fluctuating blood pressure.
- Prevents cancer- almonds better the movement of food through the colon and thus, reduce the risk of colon cancer.