- 1 Loaf french bread
- 1 lb Lean ground beef
- 2 Tbsp Finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp Minced garlic
- 1 Can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 Tbsp Milk
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 CUPS Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 Tbsp Chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Slice the french bread in half, lengthwise, so you have two equal pieces. Scoop out the bread in the center of each piece.
- Place bread in a large bowl and tear into small chunks.
- Set the two halves of french bread onto a large baking sheet. Set aside.
- Brown the ground beef and onion in a large skillet, over medium-high heat. Drain any grease.
- Add garlic to skillet. Next, add soup, milk and Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt and pepper.Stir and cook mixture until heated; another 5 minutes or so.
- Add the beef mixture to the bread in the large bowl. Stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into the center of one half of the french bread. Spread out evenly. Top the mixture with the shredded cheese. Top with the other half of bread.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
This photo is copyright protected