Serves 6 – 8
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 40 Minutes
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 medium celery stalks, diced
- ¼ teaspoon chili flakes
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 quart vegetable / chicken stock
- 2 (15.5 oz) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoons black pepper
- Parmesan cheese rind (optional)
- 3 cups chopped kale
- In a large stock pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions, carrots, and celery, and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the chili flakes, rosemary, thyme, and minced garlic, and cook until fragrant.
- Add the vegetable broth, tomatoes, beans, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, and parmesan rind, if using.
- Bring soup to a boil, reduce the heat to medium-low and add the kale.
- Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until kale has fully cooked. Adjust the seasoning as needed.
- Serve with parmesan cheese and crusty bread.