Cook time: 10 Hr Prep time: 30 Min Serves: 6-8
2 lb white beans, dried
1 large onion
2 Tbsp garlic, diced
1 can(s) green chiles, mild (4 oz)
1 can(s) diced tomato with green chiles
8 c chicken broth
2 tsp salt
1 tsp white pepper
8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
2 pkg McCormick white chili seasoning packet
1-2 lb chopped turkey (can use chicken as well)
1 bag(s) shredded mozzarella cheese
optional – sour cream, crackers, cornbread
1. If you want to soak the beans according to package instructions you can. I prefer to clean the beans and cover with water according to package directions and bring to a boil over high heat then decrease the heat to a simmer. Add salt, pepper, onion, and garlic. Let simmer uncovered for 1 1/2 hours.
2. As the liquid begins to dissipate begin to supplement liquid with chicken broth. Continue to simmer until beans are tender. Add more water as needed until beans are tender.
3. Add green chiles and tomatoes with green chiles.
4. Add McCormick White Chili seasoning packet.
5. Then and chopped turkey to tender beans.
6. Continue to cook on low heat for the remainder of the day to allow spices and flavors to meld together.
7. Thirty minutes before you are ready to serve chop one 8 oz package of cream cheese into small pieces and place into chili and allow to melt.
8. Be sure to stir frequently as this will begin to stick on the bottom of the pan.
9. When cream cheese is melted serve in bowls topped with your choice of shredded mozzarella, a dollop of sour cream, and/or with a side of crackers or cornbread.