1 1/4 lb ground turkey
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 yellow onion, chopped
6 oz turkey pepperoni
1 jar(s) any (red) spaghetti sauce w/garlic
1 c whole wheat elbow macaroni
1 c whole wheat penne
1 c whole wheat rotini
2 1/2 c low-fat mozzarella cheese, separated
16 oz low-fat cottage cheese
1 tsp italian seasoning
1. Brown ground turkey, onion and bell pepper. Add pepperoni and sauce.
2. Boil all pastas for 10 minutes. Drain.
3. Add to meat sauce mixture.
4. In a medium bowl, mix 2 cups of mozzarella, the cottage cheese, and Italian Seasoning.
5. In a 9×13 baking dish, layer almost ½ of pasta/meat mixture. Then, add a layer of ½ cheese mixture. Add another layer of pasta/meat (make sure to leave enough for a thin third layer). Add a layer of the rest of the cheese mixture. Top with remaining pasta/meat, and sprinkle on the ½ cup of mozzarella.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
Last Step: Don’t forget to share!