APPLE PIE CUPCAKES
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and diced in to 1/4-inch cubes
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
Juice of half lemon (about 1 1/2 tablespoons)
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1 can (12.4 oz) Pillsbury refrigerated cinnamon rolls
whipped cream (from 7oz aerosole can)
caramel-flavored syrup (from 22oz-bottle)
1. Heat oven to 400°F. Lightly spray 8 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray.
2. In 10-inch skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Add apples; cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons brown sugar, the cinnamon and salt. Cook 5 minutes longer or until tender. Stir in lemon juice.
3. Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix Topping ingredients with fork or hands until crumbly. Set aside.
4. Separate dough into 8 rolls. Flatten each into 4-inch round; place in muffin cup.
5. Divide Apple Filling evenly onto rolls in muffin cups. Divide Topping evenly over Filling.
6. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until bubbly and tops are lightly browned. Cool slightly before removing from muffin cups. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
7. Serve cupcakes topped with whipped cream and a drizzle of syrup
PLEASE REMEMBER TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK AND PIN IT!