2 c graham cracker crumbs or gingersnap crumbs
6 Tbsp melted butter
24 oz cream cheese, softened (3 bricks)
1 c sugar (white)
2 eggs, whole
1 egg yolk
1/2 c heavy cream
1/2 c plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 tsp vanilla extract
APPLE PIE LAYER:
3 apples, peeled and sliced
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 c brown sugar
1/4 c melted butter
2 Tbsp optional: caramel sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Spray 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
3. In a bowl mix crumbs with 6 tbsp melted butter.
4. Press firmly into springform pan, allowing it to go about 1/2 inch up the side of pan to create a nice crust.
5. Wrap the outside of the pan with foil and bake 10 minutes. Set aside.
6. While crust is cooking, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
Apple Pie Stuffed Cheesecake 7. Beat in eggs, egg yolk, flour, cream, and vanilla until well blended.
8. In a separate bowl, toss apples with 1 tbsp brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg until coated.
9. Pour half the cream cheese mixture over crust.
10. Arrange apples over the cream cheese mixture.
11. Then pour remaining mixture over apples.
12. Bake 40 minutes at 350.
13. While cheesecake is baking, prepare the topping. In a small bowl stir together 1/2 c brown sugar and 1/4 c melted butter.
14. After cheesecake has baked 40 minutes, drop topping mixture over cheesecake.
15. Put back in oven and cook another 30 minutes until top is golden brown and edges have begun to pull away from sides of springform pan.
16. Cool on wire rack to room temperature.
17. Once the cheesecake has come to room temperature, wrap tightly in plastic and refrigerate overnight which will allow it to set properly. Optional: Drizzle caramel sauce over top before serving.
Last Step: Don’t forget to share!