1 1/2 c cottage cheese (I used 2%)
2 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves, chopped
1 tsp garlic, chopped
1 dash(es) cayenne pepper or to taste
1 c half and half
1 1/2 c Gruyere cheese, grated
1 c Asiago cheese, grated
3 lb russet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced (approx. 4 potatoes per pound)
salt, to taste
1. In a food processor or blender, combine cottage cheese, thyme, garlic, and cayenne pepper. Salt and pepper to taste. Process until smooth.
2. Slowly add half and half while the processor is running. Set aside.
3. Combine Gruyere and Asiago cheese; set aside.
4. Layer one-third of potato slices in the bottom of a greased 13×9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle potatoes with salt to taste.
5. Pour one-third of cottage cheese mixture over potatoes.
6. Top with one-third of shredded cheese mixture.
7. Repeat two more times with remaining ingredients.
8. Cover with aluminum foil and bake in a preheated 400°F oven for 50 minutes.
9. Remove cover and continue baking 40 minutes or until potatoes are tender and cheese is golden brown.
10. Remove from oven and allow to stand 15 minutes before serving.
PLEASE REMEMBER TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK AND PIN IT!