6 ears of fresh corn
3 slices of bacon
water or milk, as needed
salt and pepper, to taste
1 tsp Zatarain’s Creole seasoning, to taste (optional)
2 Tbsp butter
1. In an iron skillet, fry the bacon until crisp being careful not to burn. Remove the bacon and drain on a paper towel when done. Reserve the bacon drippings in the skillet.
2. Cut the corn off of the cob.
3. Next, scrape the cob to remove the juice from the cob.
4. While the skillet is still hot add the corn to the skillet. Keep the skillet at a medium temperature and cook the corn stirring frequently.
5. If you use Zatarain’s Creole seasoning, do not add salt. I used Zatarains this time and it was delicious. In about 15 minutes, the corn should be tender.
6. Add water or milk when needed. Salt and pepper to your taste.
7. Stir in the butter until melted.
8. Put the cooked corn in a serving dish and crumble the cooked bacon over the dish. You will not have a kernel left!!