“Great ziti dish for any lover of pasta. Easy to make and ‘wows’ the crowd.”
- 1 (16 ounce) package ziti
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
- 2 cups tomato sauce, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook ziti in boiling water until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 13 minutes; drain. Rinse ziti with cold water until cool; drain.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Mix ziti, ricotta cheese, 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, egg, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Spread 1/2 cup tomato sauce into the bottom of a 2 1/2-quart shallow baking dish. Pour ziti mixture into the dish. Top with remaining 1 1/2 cup tomato sauce and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven until sauce and cheese layer is bubbly and lightly browned, about 30 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.