1/4 c brown sugar
1/4 c white sugar
1/4 c flour
3 Tbsp butter, room temperature
1 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 c all-purpopse flour, sifted
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg, beaten
3/4 c white sugar
1/3 c butter, melted
1/2 c milk, or buttermilk, or soy milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 c blueberries, frozen
1. Grease and flour a loaf or cake pan. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. For the topping – In small mixing bowl, combine streusel ingredients. Blend with fork until crumbly. Set aside
3. In a small sauce pan, heat half the blueberries and 1 tsp of sugar over medium heat, while occasionally mashing the berries. Heat until berries turn into slightly thick syrup. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. In a small bowl, sift flour with baking powder and salt into a bowl. In a medium bowl, mix together beaten egg and 3/4 cup sugar and 1/3 cup melted butter. Add milk and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture and mix well.
5. Pour 1/2 the batter into a greased and floured pan. Sprinkle with remaining blueberries and half the streusel topping, then top with remaining batter. Using a spoon, drizzle the blueberry syrup over the top, and gently swirl with a toothpick to slightly mix in. Top with remaining streusel.
6. Bake at 375° for 35 to 45 minutes, or until cake tests done. Partially cool in pan on wire rack. Cut coffee cake and serve.