Cook time: 45 Min Serves: 10-12
4 lb sweet potatoes
1/2 c butter, softened
1/3 c bourbon
1/3 c orange juice, fresh
1/4 c brown sugar, firmly packed
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp apple pie spice (cinnamon, allspice, etc)
1/3 c pecans, halved
1. Scrub potatoes. Cook, covered, in boiling salted water to cover in a large pan, about 35 minutes, or until just tender to fork prick.
2. Drain; cool slightly, peel.
3. Place peeled potatoes in a large bowl and mash.
4. Add the butter, bourbon, orange juice, brown sugar, salt, and apple pie spice. Beat until smooth with a potato masher.
5. Spoon into a buttered 6-cup baking dish. Sprinkle pecans around edge and top.
6. Bake in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes or until lightly browned.