1 1/2 c confectioners’ sugar, sifted
1/2 c all-purpose flour
10 Tbsp butter (1 1/4 sticks… do not substitute!)
8 oz semi-sweet baking chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips.
3 large eggs
3 egg yolks
1 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grease 6 (6-ounce) custard cups. (I just spray with cooking oil.)
2. Melt chocolate and butter in the microwave in a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl. When melted, remove from the microwave. Mix the sugar and the flour into the melted butter and chocolate on low speed.
3. Add the eggs and egg yolks. Continue to mix on low speed until well blended. Add the vanilla and set aside.
4. Divide batter evenly among custard cups. Set on a cookie sheet and place in the preheated oven. Bake for 14 minutes. IMPORTANT!!! Be careful not to overbake. Edges should be firm but the center will be runny.
5. Run a knife around the edge to loosen and invert onto a dessert plate.
6. Garnish as desired. I prefer to sprinkle with confectioner sugar and set a strawberry by the side. My husband likes raspberries and a dollop of whipped cream with his.
I have a friend who likes his sprinkled with confectioner sugar and then sprinkled with chopped pecans. The possibilities are endless so just let your creative juices flow. Enjoy!!!!