Cook time: 40 Min Prep time: 15 Min Serves: 50 or more
1 1/2 c butter
1 c sugar
1 egg, well beaten
2 tsp vanilla extract
4 c all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 400 or 375 convection. Lightly butter cookie trays with aluminum lining.
2. Cream butter well. Add sugar and cream well again.
3. Add egg and vanilla. Cream once more.
4. Wisk flour and baking powder together briefly (or sift).
5. Add flour mix to butter mix gradually.
6. Combine until you have a smooth dough.
7. Form into small balls.
8. Press balls down with either thumb or thimble to make a nice dent in the middle of each. Dip finger or thimble in flour when needed for a clean release.
9. Fill each dent with a jelly, colored sugar or candied fruit of your choice. Grape jelly, strawberry jelly and apricot are favorites.
10. Bake for 8 to 10 min until lightly browned then move to cooling rack.
Last Step: Don’t forget to share!