- 2-3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch chunks seasoned with salt/ pepper
- 2tbls olive oil
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped or minced
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (use only if you like a little spice)
- 8 ounces pasta of your choice
- 1 and ⅔ cup chicken stock
- 2 and ¾ cup of water, divided
- 8 ounces of broccoli florets chopped into small pieces
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup or more of cheddar cheese
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Heat 1 tbls of olive oil in very large non-stick skillet. Add chicken chunks and cook until browned on both sides and almost cooked through. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add the 2nd tbls of oil to the pan. Cok onions for several minutes until translucent. Add garlic and cook another minute or two. Add in oregano and red pepper flakes.
- Add in 1 and ⅔ cups of chicken stock tot the pan, and 2 cups of water. Stir in pasta and bring to a boil. Cook for 12-15 minutes until most the liquid is absorbed into pasta.
- Add in the broccoli, ¾ cup water and cover. Reduce heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes depending on how you like broccoli cooked.
- Add in cooked chicken, ½ cup heavy cream, cheddar cheese and turn up heat to medium high. Stir until cheese melt and sauce thickens, about 5-10 minutes.
- Sauce will get more thick as it stands. Add in salt and pepper.
PLEASE REMEMBER TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK AND PIN IT!