Cook time: 45 Min Prep time: 20 Min Serves: 6-8
3 to 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
salt and pepper
1/2 green pepper
1/2 yellow pepper
6 oz favorite pasta, cooked
1 c Italian blend cheese or mozzarella
garlic cream sauce (see below)
GARLIC CREAM SAUCE
1 Tbsp flour
1/2 tsp garlic, minced
1/2 c white wine (less if yours is strong flavored)
1/3 c frozen chopped spinach
2 c half and half
1 to 1-1/2 c shredded Parmesan (not the stuff in the shaker)
1. Garlic Cream Sauce: Drizzle a little olive oil in pan, add garlic and saute for just a moment or two so as not to burn the garlic. Add the flour, cooking for a moment. Then add the half and half, wine, and spinach to the flour mixture. Bring to a boil. Add Parmesan and stir until blended. Set aside.
2. Primavera: Cut chicken breast so they are even thickness and take the tips off. Save the extra bits for another dish.
3. Add to a bowl with a little bit of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Coat evenly and then grill. Cut into chunks.
4. Dice or chop your veggies and saute in a little bit of olive oil, salt, and pepper until they are soft. You can use other favorite veggies like zucchini and yellow squash, broccoli. Ideas are unlimited. If your kids don’t like those then dice them finer. I am not a fan of zucchini or the squash but I can tolerate them cut small. 🙂
5. Mix together your cooked pasta, cooked chicken chunks and veggies and the sauce. Spread into a baking dish and cover with cheese.
6. Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees or until cheese is brown and dish is bubbly hot.