Prep time: 30 Min Serves: 8
1 c cream cheese, softened
2 1/4 c cold heavy cream, divided
1 c confectioners sugar
2 tsp almond extract, divided
1 1/2 c pumpkin pie filling
2 oz semi-sweet chocolate, roughly chopped, or chips
1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder, plus 1 1/2 tsp for dusting
1 1/2 pound cakes (loaf style)
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon, for dusting
1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
2. Add 2 cups of cream, confectioners sugar, and 1 teaspoon almond extract; beat until soft peaks form.
3. With a rubber spatula, FOLD in pumpkin puree until completely incorporated.
4. In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate and remaining 1/4 cup cream. Microwave in 10-second increments, stirring each time until chocolate is just melted. Stir until mixture is smooth.
5. Transfer one-third of the pumpkin mixture to a medium bowl and fold in chocolate mixture until combined.
6. In a small bowl, whisk 1 tablespoon cocoa into 1/3 cup hot water; add 1 teaspoon almond extract.
7. Cover bottom of an 8-inch square baking dish with slices of pound cake.
8. Liberally brush with cocoa mixture.
9. Top with half the pumpkin mixture.
10. Add another layer of pound cake. Brush with cocoa mixture.
11. Top with all the pumpkin-chocolate mixture.
12. Add a third layer of pound cake; brush with cocoa mixture.
13. Top with remaining pumpkin mixture.
14. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 4 hours (or up to 3 days).
15. To serve, combine 1 1/2 teaspoons cocoa powder and cinnamon in a small fine-mesh sieve and dust tiramisu. NOTE: This would be really good with whipped cream served on top.