If you like guacamole dollop a little bit on top before eating or some fresh pico de gallo. Yuummmm, lol!
1 box lasagna noodles ready-bake
1 pkg chorizo (Mexican sausage, mild or medium), 16 oz.
1 green pepper
1 medium yellow onion
1 clove garlic
1 can(s) favorite spaghetti sauce, 24 oz.
1 pkg cheese (pepper jack cheese- if you like spicy), 8 oz.
3 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 large container of cottage cheese, 24 oz.
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium pan heat chorizo (if in casing remove casing – we only need the filling :D). Cook through and pour it into a dish to set to the side for now.
3. Chop onion, green pepper, and garlic. Heat oil in the pan. Add ingredients to the pan. Heat until slightly translucent.
4. Add sauce and chorizo to the pan with onion mixture. Keep on medium heat until heated through.
5. Break egg into a bowl. Add cottage cheese and mix.
6. Spray casserole dish with Pam/grease with butter/whatever you prefer (I like Pam). Layer some of the meat until it covers the bottom of the dish.
7. Sprinkle some cheese on top of the meat.
8. Drop spoonfuls of cottage cheese mixture next and spread. Then place the bake-ready lasagna strips over that (covering the cottage cheese). Finish this layering process and end with either meat or cottage cheese. Top with remaining cheese, salt, and pepper.
9. Pop in the oven and cook for 30-40 minutes. Check it – if it’s bubbling, it’s done. Let sit for about 10 minutes or more.