Makes 12-16 small servings
- 1 pound fresh cranberries, finely ground (frozen cranberries are fine too, just let them thaw first)
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) package miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1 pint whipped cream, beaten stiff
- Mix together the cranberries and sugar; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, combine the cranberry mixture with the pineapple, marshmallows, pecans and whipped cream. Mix well.
- Pour into a 3 quart dish, cover and refrigerate or freeze until ready to serve.