Cook time: 45 Min Prep time: 30 Min Serves: 3 dozen very large
BLEND (IN A LARGE BOWL)
2 c oleo, softened
2 c brown sugar, firmly packed
2 c sugar
2 tsp mexican vanilla
SIFT TOGETHER AND THEN ADD TO SUGAR MIXTURE.
4 c unbleached white flour
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
STIR (OR KNEAD IN IF THE DOUGH BECOME TOO STIFF)
2 c quick oats
1 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 c butterscotch chips
1 c coconut, flaked
1 c walnuts, english
1 c cornflakes, crushed
1. Form the dough into balls a little larger than a golf ball. Place balls on an ungreased cooking stone. Place two chocolate chips for eyes and a butterscotch chip for a nose.
2. Press down lightly with heel of the palm to flatten slightly. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
3. Remove cookies from the stone to a cooling rake. Allow to cool for a few mintues so they hold together better before serving immediately or allow to cool thoroughly and package 2 cookies wrapped back to back for travel.
4. The dough can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days and baked as need. Allow the dough to warm up for 30 minutes before attempting to form balls.
5. Optional: Coconut can be ommitted and dried fruit can be used such as raisin or chopped prunes. DO NOT use dried cranberries because it interferes with the butterscotch, cinnamon and nutmeg combo that gives this cookie its distinct flavor.
PLEASE REMEMBER TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK AND PIN IT!