Cook time: 1 Hr 30 Min Prep time: 35 Min Serves: 8 to 10
8 c artisan cranberry walnut bread (can use other breads such as raisin, cinnamon or plain white bread)
2 c heavy whipping cream
2 c whole milk
1/2 c unsalted butter
4 tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbsp ground cinnamon
2/3 c heavy cream
2 c granulated sugar
1 c unsalted butter
4 Tbsp rum extract (I use Adam’s Jamaican rum extract)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Coat a large casserole dish with non-stick baking spray, I use Baker’s Joy.
3. Cut bread into 1″ pieces, placing them in a large mixing bowl.
4. Mix whipping cream and milk together. Stir in 1/2 cup of unsalted butter and cook over a medium heat until butter is melted.
5. Stir this milk mixture into the bowl of bread cubes. Let mixture stand for 20 minutes so liquid can absorb into bread pieces.
6. Beat eggs slightly to blend. Add vanilla and ground cinnamon.
7. Pour into mixture. Mix well.
8. Pour into prepared baking dish.
9. Bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours until bread pudding is set and golden brown.
10. SAUCE: Put heavy cream, butter, and sugar in a saucepan. Cook on low heat until sugar is dissolved. Do not boil. Add rum extract and stir well.
11. Pour rum sauce over hot bread pudding just before serving.
12. Keep refrigerated in separate containers and heat before serving leftover bread pudding.
Last Step: Don’t forget to share!