6 Tbsp butter
1/4 c onion, finely chopped
1/4 c green bell pepper, finely chopped
1/4 c celery, finely chopped
2 clove garlic, minced
1 pkg frozen crawfish (12-16 ounce), thawed and rinsed
1 can(s) diced tomatoes with green chilies (10 ounce), drained
1 Tbsp cajun seasoning, or to taste
1/2 c mayonnaise
1 c shredded monterey jack cheese
1/4 c parmesan cheese, grated
5 scallions, white and green parts, thinly sliced on the diagonal
1 large loaf french bread
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large saute pan (or skillet), melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, green pepper and celery and saute for 5 minutes, or until softened. Add garlic and cook for a few minutes more.
2. Add crawfish tails, tomatoes and seasoning. Cook for 5 minutes and remove from heat. Allow to cool for 5 – 10 minutes.
3. In a large bowl, mix together mayonnaise, cheeses and scallions, until well blended. Stir in cooled crawfish and mix well.
4. Cut bread in half and then cut the bread lengthwise (making 4 pieces). Spoon mixture evenly on the four pieces, place in oven for 15 minutes. Turn oven to broil and broil for 3 – 5 minutes or until tops are lightly brown…watch closely so they don’t burn!
5. Cut bread into slices and serve! Enjoy!
6. You can substitute ¾ cup frozen seasoning blend (referred to in the south as the Trinity) for the chopped onion, green pepper and celery.