vegetable cooking spray
3 Tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
1 c onion, chopped
3 c cauliflower, chopped
3 c vegetable broth
18 stick asparagus
1 clove garlic, minced
1 pinch sea salt
1 1/2 c almond milk
1. Spray a large pasta pot with the cooking spray and add 1 Tbsp. of the olive oil, and slightly brown the oil on medium (this may appear as “burning” the oil, but it is crucial to have this flavor).
2. When oil has reached a light golden brown color, add the onions and sauté until they are clear. Add a pinch of salt.
3. Add the cauliflower and sauté for about 5 min., or until slightly tender.
4. Add 6 spears of chopped asparagus and continue to sauté for another 3 minutes, or until the asparagus is slightly tender.
5. Add 1/2 cup of the vegetable broth and let simmer on med-low for another 10 min. or so.
6. Add another cup of broth and return the heat to medium, allowing to simmer while continuously stirring.
7. Once it appears to have a reduced slightly, remove the mixture from the heat and put into a heat resistant bowl. Allow to cool.
8. Once the mixture has become room temperature, use a hand-blender or food processor to blend until smooth (with little to no chunks).
9. Spray a clean pot with more spray and add 1 Tbsp. of olive oil.
10. Add the garlic and sauté until golden brown.
11. Add the rest of the asparagus chopped and sauté for about 5 min. or until tender and add the remainder of the vegetable broth.
12. Add the blended mixture to the pot and allow to simmer on med-low for about 10 min. and add spices to taste.
13. Turn off the heat and stir in the almond milk. Allow to mix well and then serve.