1 1/2 c elbow macaroni
2 c cottage cheese, lowfat
8 oz sour cream, lite
1 egg, beaten
dash of pepper
3 c grated sharp cheddar (divided)
1 1/2 Tbsp tony chachere’s creole seasoning (divided)
1. Cook Macaroni noodles according to package directions. Drain rinse and set aside.
2. Combine next six ingredients. Except divide 1 cup of the cheddar cheese and set aside. Combine the other 2 cups with the mixture. Also set aside about 1/2 a TBL Spoon of the 1 1/2 TBL spoon of creole seasoning to sprinkle on top.
3. Add macaroni to cheese mixture and stir well. Spoon into lightly greased 9×13 casserole dish. Sprinkle with remaining Cheese and creole seasoning.
4. If you don’t like creole seasoning you can always add paprika instead. Just adjust the amount to taste.
5. Bake uncovered at 350 for 35 to 45 minutes