Cook time: 4 Hr Prep time: 25 Min Serves: 10-12
3 lb beef roast
2 large onions, chunked
1 jar(s) pepperocini peppers with juice
2 pkg mushroom gravy packets
3 Tbsp Italian seasoning
2 1/2 tsp black pepper
2 Tbsp minced garlic
1. At the beginning of the day, place roast in large Crock Pot with chunked onions, garlic, pepper and Italian seasoning and about 2 cups of water.
2. Cook on med-low most of the day until the roast starts falling apart and will easily pull apart with a fork.
3. Remove meat from Crock Pot, saving all the drippings.
4. Pour in the pepperocini juice from the jar, along with the gravy packets; mix well and let simmer.
5. Tear apart meat with forks (shredding) and put it into the pot as you are tearing apart the meat. Discard all fatty parts.
6. Once meat is in the juices (should thicken up with the gravy packets) let cook about another hour.
7. Serve on harder long rolls…I prefer a French type, crusty on the outside and soft on the inside. The bread soaks up the gravy. It’s especially good with some shredded mozzarella or provolone on the sandwich… serve the pepperocinis on the side or in the sandwich.
8. *A little more flavorful version is to put in the peppers (stems removed) during the cooking process.