2/3 c ap flour
2/3 c old fashioned oats ground in spice mill or food processor
1/3 c dark baking cocoa
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 stick unsalted butter at room temp
1 1/2 c splenda no calorie sugar substitute
15 oz ricotta cheese, part-skim at room temp
3 large eggs at room temp
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
3 tsp instant coffee powder mixed with 1/4 cup boiling water
1 c mini chocolate chips
1. Pre heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare large loaf pan (9 x 5) with cooking spray. Set pan aside and get ready to combine your dry ingredients. In medium size bowl sift flour, cocoa, ground oats, baking powder and salt. I always have a bit of the oat hull left in my strainer and I just toss it out. It’s only about a T or two and you won’t miss it.
2. In large bowl mix butter and Splenda (I use my hand mixer) until smooth (about 2 or 3 minutes). Now add the ricotta, cooled coffee liquid, eggs and vanilla.
3. Your mixture might look a little curdled at this point. No need to worry because when you add the dry ingredients, the curdled mixture becomes smooth again.
4. Add dry ingredients in two steps and mix on low until combined. Now add the mini chips and and fold by hand to incorporate.
5. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 15 minutes at 350, then lower heat to 325 degrees. Bake 45 minutes more. Let cool before removing cake from the pan. Dust with powdered sugar (optional) or serve with a dollop of whipped cream (optional).