1 can(s) cream of chicken soup
1 can(s) chopped green chili peppers; 7oz
1 c sour cream; 8oz
1/2 c milk
2 1/2 c boneless chicken
1 medium bell pepper, chopped
1 large tomato, chopped (1 cup)
1 1/2 c cheddar cheese or Mexican cheese blend
2 box chopped spinach, unthaw & squeeze out water
8 (6 or 7 in) corn tortillas, cut in bite size pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, add cream of chicken soup, sour cream, chopped chilies, milk, green pepper, tomato, corn tortillas, salt, pepper, 1 cup of cheese, and chopped chicken. The chicken you buy already baked at the grocery store works well. Stir together.
3. Pour half in a 9X13 pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
4. Then layer the spinach over the top of the mixture. Add remaining mixture on top of the spinach. I always add more cheese than the recipe calls for.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes.
6. Take out and top with remaining cheese. Put back in the oven until the cheese melts and the casserole is bubbly.
7. Makes approx. 8 servings.