3 Tbsp butter
4 clove garlic, chopped
1 large onion, thin sliced
2 leeks, cleaned and sliced
10 oz lean smoked bacon, chopped
1 – 32 oz chicken stock
2 1/2 Tbsp flour
1 pound peeled russet potatoes, cubed
1 – 8 oz block, cheddar cheese – shredded…i like using white cheddar, but was out
1 c cream
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In Dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat and to the butter add the onion and garlic, sauté for about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally so not to burn.
2. Add the bacon and leeks, sauté for 3 to 4 minutes longer, stirring often.
3. Whisk flour with enough broth to make a paste. Now stir the paste into the veggies and continue cooking for a few minutes. Now stir in remaining broth. Add potatoes, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Cook until potatoes are tender.
4. Now, stir in the cream and cook another few minutes. Now stir in the cheese until it has melted.
5. Serve immediately with additional cheese atop! Enjoy!