Makes a 9×13-inch pan, roughly 12 servings
- 10-12 cups cinnamon challah bread cut into 1 inch pieces
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup eggnog (use your favorite brand)
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips (optional, it is very rich even without the chocolate)
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon butter, room temperature
For the Pecan Topping:
- 2 cups pecans, chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 stick butter (8 Tablespoons), room temperature
For the Cream Cheese Glaze:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 stick butter (4 Tablespoons), unsalted, room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350f degrees. Butter a 13×9 inch dish with 1 tablespoon of softened butter.
- Place the one inch pieces of cinnamon challah in the buttered dish.
- Mix eggs, heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla in a separate bowl, beat well. Pour batter mixture over doughnuts and press down to soak doughnuts. Top mixture with chocolate chips, if using.
- To Prepare Pecan Topping: Mix brown sugar, pecans and butter together until crumbly. Place nut mixture over chocolate chips. Bake bread pudding at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes.
- To Prepare Cream Cheese Glaze: Place all ingredients into a mixer and mix well. Heat mixture in microwave for about 15 seconds to thin. Remove bread pudding from oven, drizzle with the cream cheese glaze. Allow bread pudding to cool for 15-20 minutes before serving.